Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My version of a classic.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 1 inch balls and set aside.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat and saute garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms to the oil and cook for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the vegetables, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place meatballs in sauce and simmer until done all the way through, 35-40 minutes.
- Place sauce and meatballs over spaghetti and serve.
I took the meatballs portion of this recipe and just used jarred sauce rather than making it on my own. Unforunately, the meatballs turned out pretty bland. Perhaps it was because it didn't have the sauce to go along with it so that's why I'm not going to leave any rating for the recipe.
very yummy, a big hit with my husband