Prep 8 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 4 ounces thick slab bacon or 4 ounces pancetta, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook bacon or pancetta in oil in large, deep skillet over medium heat until golden brown and most of the fat has been rendered, about 8-10 minutes, then remove skillet from heat.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes until combined.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions, until al dente (tender yet still firm to the bite).
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add hot spaghetti to bacon mixture in skillet and toss well over medium-low heat until pasta is coated.
- Add egg mixture and a little of the cooking water; toss gently until spaghetti looks creamy.
- Add cheese and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.