Rick Stein's Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
photo by seangedd02
- Ready In:
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- 175 g piece smoked pancetta, without rind
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 50 g pecorino cheese, finely grated
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cut the pancetta into lardons (little chunky strips about 6mm wide).
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the oil and pancetta. Stir until golden.
- Add the garlic and parsley, heat for a few more seconds then remove from the heat.
- Drain the spaghetti well, retaining a ladle-full of the cooking water, and add the pasta to the frying pan.
- Mix well and add the water to create a bit of a sauce, then stir in the beaten eggs and half the cheese. Toss together.
- The heat of the pasta will cook the eggs sufficiently to make them creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the remaining cheese sprinkled on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!