Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an authentic recipe from the north of Italy. I made it for several friends who had this dish in Italy and top Italian restaurants in Montreal and enjoyed it very much.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes. Pasta should be" al dente"; strain.
- Dice in small pieces the pancetta or bacon, and fry in a pan until crispy.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the beaten eggs, the parmesan, and the cream until homogenized.
- In an non-stick pan, melt the butter at low heat.
- Add the egg mixture, gently mix and as soon as the mixture thickens, add the bacon and spaghetti.
- Toss gently to warm up the pasta and serve.
My wife Veronique love the spaghetti Carbonara, frankly it is her best dish.
Of several "carbonara" recipes I found, this was the one most like the traditional carbonara I remember.ç a VERY good recipe, but hard on your liver... ;) TIP: Dont let the eggs overcook..
This recipe was very easy to prepare and worked well. I used vegetarian fake bacon to make this a vegetarian meal.