Recipe by MBP
You must have a spatzle maker to use this recipe! It is a grater with very large holes and a container that passes back and forth to press the rather runny batter through the holes.
Top Review by Claudia Straka
Yummy - just like my mom makes. But we found that there wasn't enough for two adults, and we're not especially big eaters. I recommend that you double the recipe if you have more than two eating.
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 236.59 ml flour
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml bouillon
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and add milk.
- Combine flour, nutmeg, pepper and salt in bowl.
- Add liquid gradually, beat until smooth.
- Let dough rest, beating occasionally, for an hour (optional).
- Bring gallon of water to boil, add boullion (powder or cubes) to the water.
- Use Spaetzle press to drop noodles into water.
- When noodles rise to surface, they are done.
- Skim off with slotted spoon and place in bowl of ice water to cool.
- Melt butter, add noodles and parsley.
- Stirfry until heated.
- Serve immediately.