Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
You must have a spatzle maker to use this recipe! It is a grater with very large holes and a container that passes back and forth to press the rather runny batter through the holes.
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 236.59 ml flour
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml bouillon
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml parsley
- Beat eggs and add milk.
- Combine flour, nutmeg, pepper and salt in bowl.
- Add liquid gradually, beat until smooth.
- Let dough rest, beating occasionally, for an hour (optional).
- Bring gallon of water to boil, add boullion (powder or cubes) to the water.
- Use Spaetzle press to drop noodles into water.
- When noodles rise to surface, they are done.
- Skim off with slotted spoon and place in bowl of ice water to cool.
- Melt butter, add noodles and parsley.
- Stirfry until heated.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy - just like my mom makes. But we found that there wasn't enough for two adults, and we're not especially big eaters. I recommend that you double the recipe if you have more than two eating.
What a great idea to add chicken base /bouillon to the boiling water! Here is a neat hint I saw on Foodnetwork. Take one of those aluminum pie pans from a frozen pie shell. Poke it full of holes.(not too small). Pour/push the dough through this.Into the boiling broth. It works great. :-)
I think I'm in love! LOL! This recipe was easy and sooo tasty. My kids will go nuts over this for sure. I liked the taste of the bouillon and only used about 8 cups of water to enjoy the flavour of it. I recommend using a spaetzle maker as it made the job very quick and easy. I bought one for under $10 and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. If you want it for a side dish, 4 servings is fair. As a main dish, maybe 2 servings, but I would make more. Made for Spring 2009 PAC. Thanks!