Recipe by MBP
You must have a spatzle maker to use this recipe! It is a grater with very large holes and a container that passes back and forth to press the rather runny batter through the holes.
Top Review by Claudia Straka
Yummy - just like my mom makes. But we found that there wasn't enough for two adults, and we're not especially big eaters. I recommend that you double the recipe if you have more than two eating.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bouillon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and add milk.
- Combine flour, nutmeg, pepper and salt in bowl.
- Add liquid gradually, beat until smooth.
- Let dough rest, beating occasionally, for an hour (optional).
- Bring gallon of water to boil, add boullion (powder or cubes) to the water.
- Use Spaetzle press to drop noodles into water.
- When noodles rise to surface, they are done.
- Skim off with slotted spoon and place in bowl of ice water to cool.
- Melt butter, add noodles and parsley.
- Stirfry until heated.
- Serve immediately.