This recipe is delicious and easy. I make this quite often. I got it out of a local TV station cookbook called "KCTS Cooks" (on the grill).Serve with asparagus, baby red potatoes, corn on the cob, or any other summer vegetable. Cooking time does not include marinating.
- Lay flank steak flat and, with a sharp knife, score deep cuts diagonally at one-inch intervals across the entire steak.
- Repeat at a 90-degree angle to create one-inch squares across the surface of the steak.
- Repeat on other side of meat.
- Combine soy sauce and honey in a small glass bowl.
- Whisk until blended.
- Stir in garlic and ginger.
- Place steak in 13X9-inch pan.
- Pour marinade over meat, and turn to fully coat.
- Cover pan with lid or foil and store in refrigerator overnight.
- Turn steak at least once while marinating.
- Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired temperature is reached.
- Do not overcook.
- Steak should be pink in the middle.
- The ends will be on the well done side for those who prefer it.
- Slice meat thinly at an angle.
- Note: You can make an extra batch of sauce to save and serve warm at the table for pouring on top of the meat.
Fab-U-lous steak!!! Wow this was awesome and made the steak so tender and flavorful!! Gobbled it all down and everyone loved it! Thanks for a quick marinade recipe to go with my steaks! Tagged you in Potluck Tag game
Wonderful flank steak that was enjoyed by my family!! I served mine with grilled onions, baked potatoes and corn. I forgot to score the steak first, but it still tasted great. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Gimme 5 tag game.
Loved this marinade. I can use it on so many things! I didn't do a flank steak, and used a skirt steak instead for economy! This was excellent, and I'll use the marinade again. Made for TYM tag.