Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is delicious and easy. I make this quite often. I got it out of a local TV station cookbook called "KCTS Cooks" (on the grill).Serve with asparagus, baby red potatoes, corn on the cob, or any other summer vegetable. Cooking time does not include marinating.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 -2 lb flank steak
- Lay flank steak flat and, with a sharp knife, score deep cuts diagonally at one-inch intervals across the entire steak.
- Repeat at a 90-degree angle to create one-inch squares across the surface of the steak.
- Repeat on other side of meat.
- Combine soy sauce and honey in a small glass bowl.
- Whisk until blended.
- Stir in garlic and ginger.
- Place steak in 13X9-inch pan.
- Pour marinade over meat, and turn to fully coat.
- Cover pan with lid or foil and store in refrigerator overnight.
- Turn steak at least once while marinating.
- Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired temperature is reached.
- Do not overcook.
- Steak should be pink in the middle.
- The ends will be on the well done side for those who prefer it.
- Slice meat thinly at an angle.
- Note: You can make an extra batch of sauce to save and serve warm at the table for pouring on top of the meat.
Wow. What an amazing recipe. I highly recommend letting the meat marinate at least the 24 hours in the recipe, but longer if you can. I ended up buying a steak that was bigger than I needed, and decided rather than cooking it all at once I would use just half and then cook the rest in a day or two. The first half got done in the oven because the gas grill ran out of gas. It was ok, but I absolutely LOVED the steak I made after 3 days of marinating on the grill. It was so tender it almost tasted like it had butter in it. I'm definitely making this again.
This was super delicious. I really liked the flavor of the marinade. It was zesty yet mildly sweet and kept the beef quite moist. I was getting short on time and marinated it for about half the time specified, and it still tasted positively delicious. I'm glad I made this. Thanks, TeresaS.
Fab-U-lous steak!!! Wow this was awesome and made the steak so tender and flavorful!! Gobbled it all down and everyone loved it! Thanks for a quick marinade recipe to go with my steaks! Tagged you in Potluck Tag game