Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my sister Jackie's favorite cook book Cook Yourself Thin; she swears by it and everyone loved these burgers.
- Mix ground turkey and green chilies together.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet with 2 or 3 spritzes canola oil.
- Make 4 patties so they fit in a bun.
- Fry on low heat covered.
- Flip burgers; add cheese.
- Cover again until cheese melts.
- On kaiser roll, start with sliced avocado; add sliced red onion, lettuce leaf, and sliced tomato.
- Make sandwiches; cut in half.
A delicious very substantial meal! Spice level is mild. I prepared patties ahead. Used grape tomatoes as that is what I had on hand. We are not really keen on raw onion so used a bit of green onions. Thank you Dienia B for sharing.