This is Be-Ro recipe, my family's favorite cook book. These are a smash at Christmas and always one of the first cookies to disappear!
- Ready In:
- Mix the flour and sugar first, and then rub in the butter.
- Knead the mixture until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Roll out till about 3/4 inch thick or 2cm thick.
- Cut into rectangles and decorate the top with a fork creating rows of holes.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 160°C (325°F/Gas Mark 3). They want to stay pale and light golden.
- In warm weather you may want to chill the cookies before baking.
- This recipe can also be used for petticoat tails. Just split the mixture in two and flatten into 7 inch rounds about a half inch thick (1cm). Mark top into 8 portions and decorate with a fork. Bake for 30 minutes.
- To use a shortbread mold: Mix a teaspoon of flour and a teaspoon of caster sugar. Grease the mold with oil and evenly sprinkle half the flour/sugar mix. Press the shortbread into the mold, and turn out onto a baking sheet before baking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Measure out ingredients and place in a food processor, blast on pulse until you have achieved a breadcrumb like consistency. Pour into a shallow tray and spread out even without pressing down. Place in preheated oven. Once cooked, before it cools, run a knife through the soft warm biscut to cut it into how even many slices required. Leave to cool then gentley separate precut pieces.Reply
see 10 more