Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was craving Southwestern Egg rolls from Chili's and since I've been cutting back on the carbs, I came up with this recipe that can be used as a dip with tortilla chips, quesadilla filling or as a side dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn niblets (I use Green Giant Mexi-Corn)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper
- Saute the chopped onion in olive oil, add the frozen spinach and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes, cumin, chili powder.
- Cook about 5 more minutes and then add cream cheese. Stir frequently while it melts.
- Add black beans and corn, mix well, then add cheddar cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- If the mixture gets too thick, add milk to thin it out to desired consistency.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a side dish.
Yum. I used low fat ingredients and this was good. We used baked tortilla chips and enjoyed this as an appetizer. I reheated the leftovers and enjoyed them for lunch.
I made this last night for a girls' gathering, and there was not a drop left! I made it exactly as posted, except I added a little more of the chili powder & cumin and I sprinkled cilantro on top. Thanks for sharing!!
I love it! Thanks for creating and sharing it.