- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped country ham
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ham and red pepper.
- Saute until ham is browned and pepper is slightly soft.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, cream, salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Whisk vigorously until the eggs are a uniform color with no streaks.
- Spread ham mixture evenly in the pan.
- Pour egg mixture over it without stirring.
- As mixture begins to set, lift edges gently and allow uncooked eggs to run to the bottom.
- Continue in this manner until eggs are almost dry.
- Stir egg mixture completely ("scramble") and add the shredded cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.