Mexican Scrambled Eggs
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup purchased fresh salsa
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned black beans
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 purchased taco shells or 2 tostadas, warmed
- Stir together salsa, beans, and 3 tablespoons cilantro in medium bowl.
- Season salsa mixture with salt.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 1 tablespoon water in large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Add cream cheese pieces.
- Cook until eggs are creamy and softly set, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon eggs into warmed taco shells.
- Top with salsa mixture and serve.
- Makes 2 servings; can be doubled.
Join The Conversation
These are great. Like others I used corn tortillas. The egg/cream cheese mixture yielded a lot, so I ended up doubling all the other ingredients (except the butter, which I halved) for the "tacos". I had guacamole in the frig, so added that to them too. I also heated the beans. The flavors are all really yummy, though the cream cheese does get lost a little with everything else.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.