Poor College Kid's Note:
Loved Bec's South of the Border Pie but made several adjustments- very good recipe! This version is crustless, but I also like putting it in a pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- nonstick cooking spray
- green pepper, chopped (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- 1In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil till tender but not brown.
- 2Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- 3Cook for 1 minutes more.
- 5Stir in beans, cooked rice, cheese, milk, and eggs.
- 6Spray a 10-inch pie place or quiche dish with nonstick coating.
- 7Spoon mixture into pie place and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or till center is set.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes.
- 9If desired, sprinkle with green pepper and serve with salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 223.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute