- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 prepared unbaked pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb smoked ham, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cheeses together and sprinkle evenly over pie shell.
- Mix eggs, salt, pepper, cream, olives, chilies, scallions and ham; pour over cheeses.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very tasty tex-mex quiche. The only problem is that the recipe does not specify that you should use a deep-dish pie shell and I only had one regular pie shell on hand (as the recipe suggests). Had a bit of a mess to try and get the necessary ingredients into the pie shell while retaining some of the half and half back. Will try this recipe again with a deep dish pie shell next time. Made for the Zaar Cookbook Tag, November, 2011.