Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A hearty chili with no beans! Serve with corn bread or tortillas & a green salad.
Make and share this Southwestern Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, boned & cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- Saute onion& garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven or large pot until onion is tender.
- Stir in beef cubes& brown.
- Drain corn, reserving liquid.
- Add liquid, tomatoes, soy sauce& seasonings to pot& stir to combine.
- Cover& simmer for 1 1/4 hours; uncover& simmer for another 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in corn& chilies& cook until heated through.
- Garnish each serving with grated cheddar.