Recipe by Belly Up With Bob
If you like Southwestern foods you will like my soup. It took about 15 tries, but was worth the results.
Top Review by mydesigirl
Very simple, delicious soup!! I loved the bit of bite that it had. I followed the directions to a T and wouldn't change a thing. I topped it off with a pinch of shredded cheese but skipped the tortilla strips. Thanks so much for posting!
- 2 (793.78 g) can chicken broth
- 396.89 g can corn, with liquid
- 396.89 g can cut green beans, with liquid
- 396.89 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 green onions
- 4.92 ml honey
- 1 yellow onion, medium size
- 2 (793.78 g) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2 clove garlic
- 44.37 ml cilantro leaves
- 29.58 ml southwest seasoning
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender blend stewed tomatoes, honey, green onions, garlic, cilantro, onion, and seasoning.
- In a large skillet add 2 cans chicken broth and the blended ingredients, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except red kidney beans, simmer with a lid for at least 20 minutes.
- Add red kidney beans, bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2 inch strips, then cut in half, then fry in oil until crisp.
- In soup bowls put in soup then sprinkle with cheese then top with some fried tortilla chips.