Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been preparing this salad for the past 6 or 7 years and I still love it just as much as the first time I made it. These ingredients just come together so beautifully in this dish you'll be amazed at the reactions each time you serve it. And unlike many salads, it is even great the next day as leftovers!
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, broken and simply crushed between your hands
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice, usually about 4 limes
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare dressing first by combining in food processor or blender fresh cilantro, lime juice, sour cream, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Then slowly drizzle in oil until fully combined.
- Pour dressing into container and chill in fridge for several hours for flavors to meld.
- In large glass/acrylic bowl layer lettuce, then tomatoes, onion, black bean, cheese, and corn.
- (At this point the salad can wait for up to 8 hours before serving if you wish to be a step ahead later on.).
- Before serving sprinkle broken chips over corn layer. Then pour dressing over chips and toss completely.
Very good salad. I was a little leary about the dressing after tasting it, but after chilling it was fine.
Excellent salad! I took it to a party and everyone loved it!
Excellent and easy. Instead of the beans, I added chicken breast that I had cooked up already and needed to eat, used baby lettuce mix instead of romaine and added a bit of cumin to the dressing. Love it.