1/1 Photo of Southwest Salad With Fresh Lime Cilantro Dressing
Autism Mommy's Note:
I have been preparing this salad for the past 6 or 7 years and I still love it just as much as the first time I made it. These ingredients just come together so beautifully in this dish you'll be amazed at the reactions each time you serve it. And unlike many salads, it is even great the next day as leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, broken and simply crushed between your hands
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, usually about 4 limes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Prepare dressing first by combining in food processor or blender fresh cilantro, lime juice, sour cream, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2Then slowly drizzle in oil until fully combined.
- 3Pour dressing into container and chill in fridge for several hours for flavors to meld.
- 4In large glass/acrylic bowl layer lettuce, then tomatoes, onion, black bean, cheese, and corn.
- 5(At this point the salad can wait for up to 8 hours before serving if you wish to be a step ahead later on.).
- 6Before serving sprinkle broken chips over corn layer. Then pour dressing over chips and toss completely.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Salad With Fresh Lime Cilantro Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 581.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 12.5 g