Ranch dressing with a "kick." Good for dipping veggies as well as on salads.
Make and share this Southwest Ranch Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, can use low fat
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk, depending on your thickness preference
- 2 tablespoons minced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canned jalapeno slices, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- For best results, cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
I veganized this recipe and it was fabulous! Me and my toddler love to eat this with fresh spinach and in wraps of tofu and fresh veggies. Great recipe!
Anytime I need ranch I make this recipe. Love the kick!!
This was really good, although don't think you can skip the 4 hours chilling time. I was anxious to try this as soon as it was done and let me tell you four hours later when my dinner was finished and it had time to chill it was fantastic and so much better than when everything was first mixed together. I used low fat mayo and low fat sour cream because that is what I had. Next time I think I will buy full fat mayo and sour cream. They real stuff can only make this better. Thanks for sharing and I will make this again.