Recipe by LonghornMama
I got this recipe from an issue of Vegetarian Times. It's a yummy lunch treat or snack that's made faster when broiled in a toaster oven. I think it gets enough kick with mild salsa but use whatever you prefer. Kid-friendly yet healthy.
- 4 whole grain bagels, split
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (low-fat is okay) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (low-fat is okay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bagels, cut side up on a broiler pan covered with foil.
- In small bowl, combine chiles and cream cheese; spread over bagels.
- In another small bowl, combine pizza sauce and salsa; spoon over bagels.
- Top each with shredded cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.