Recipe by ALH
I found this in cookbook my grandmother gave me awhile back. Its really easy and tasty. I typically replace the canned corn with about a cup of frozen since I tend to have that on hand more than I do canned corn.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and this is an easy and tasty meal. I had the items here at home and I did add some slivered onions and minced garlic to the pepper mixture and sauteed for a few minutes and also I seasoned the chicken before browning with some Mexican spice. I used spicy salsa and DH definately wants this again. Served this over brown rice. Thank you for posting.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage links, cut to 1/4-in . slices (spicier sausages are better)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut to 1x2-in pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2⁄3 cup chunky salsa
- 15 1⁄4 ounces corn
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a 10-in. skillet, remove.
- Brown chicken in the skillet, remove.
- Add oil to pan and saute peppers for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, cooked sausage, and salsa to skillet, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat.
- Add corn and cream.
- Continue cooking until heated through.