Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A good homemade recipe for fajita seasoning is Fajita Seasoning Mix. Always a nice touch is to chill your salad plates.
Chipotle Honey Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be pounded to make thinner if desired)
- 1 1⁄8 ounces fajita seasoning mix, dry (can sub 2 tablespoons homemade )
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful cilantro, coarse chopped
- monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- tomatoes or salsa
- sour cream
- corn tortilla strips or flour corn tortilla strips
- lime wedge
- For the Dressing: Combine all ingredients, except oil in blender and blend on low speed for ten seconds.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into blender on low speed. Chill for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, chop all vegetables. Set aside.
- For the Chicken: Heat skillet on medium high and add butter or olive oil. Generously rub fajita seasoning over both sides of chicken. Put in hot pan and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat. NOTE: Chicken may be grilled instead of pan-fried.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl or dinner plate starting with the romaine, then the fajita chicken and ending with the chopped vegetables. Finish off with any of toppings desired. Drizzle over all with Chipotle Honey Dressing.