Recipe by SmHerndon
As delicious as they are easy. Everyone I have served these to asks for the recipe! Sometimes I use some cheddar with the jack cheese. Whatever I have on hand. (From Tyson)
- 6 chicken breasts
- 3 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 thin slices bacon
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup mild picante sauce, room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Place thawed breast in plastic wrap and pound lightly to 1/4 inch thickness, until all are done. Season each with salt & pepper.
- In small bowl, combine cheeses. Divide into 6 equal portions and roll into balls. Fold one chicken breast portion around cheese ball to form bundle.
- Cut a slice of bacon in half and lay in the form of a cross. Place chicken bundle in center of cross and bring ends of bacon up to meet on top, like a package, and secure with toothpick. Repeat process with remaining chicken.
- Place bundles in 9x13-inch dish and cook uncovered at 350* for about 30 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil bundles 3-5 minutes until bacon is browned. Remove bundles from oven and remove toothpicks.
- Mix ranch dressing and picante sauce together. Pour mixture in small bowl and place in center of serving plate and place chicken around it. Garnish with tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, or my Tabasco Guacamole.