Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
An quick, easy supper!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In skillet, cook beef, onions and peppers until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, rice, chili powder and garlic powder. Heat to boiling. Cover; cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed; stir occasionally.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Well, I bought the stuff to make this yesterday since it looked like a taste I would enjoy, but when it came time to cook, I wasn't up for the taste of chili powder - so - instead I added a couple teaspoons of Italian seasoning and a little extra oregano. After the liquid was absorbed, I sprinkled on some fresh Parmesan and some grated mozzarella & provolone. Turned out really well and we ate it all up. Try it! (and maybe next time I'll make it the "right" way...) Thanks!