Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy baked corn side dish.
- 1 cup seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (or colby-jack)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 12 ounces evaporated low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease or spray a baking dish.
- Spread stuffing crumbs on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix melted butter and flour until smooth. Add corn, onion, chiles, and cheese; stir well. Pour this mixture over stuffing crumbs in baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine beaten eggs and milk; pour over corn mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until set.
Yummy! Very rich compared to other baked corn casseroles. This could be a meal in itself. I served it with baked chicken breasts and salad. It might be nice with shredded chicken added in.