1/1 Photo of Southern Yellow Squash with Onions
This recipe is based upon my MIL's (she never measures anything). It is my family's favorite way to eat squash and I always make a double batch of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp, remove from skillet.
- 2Add chopped onion, cook until translucent.
- 3Add sliced squash fry stirring frequently until squash is tender.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Crush bacon and add back to pan.
- 6Either yellow zucchini or crookneck squash work well in this dish.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Yellow Squash with Onions
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g