Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is based upon my MIL's (she never measures anything). It is my family's favorite way to eat squash and I always make a double batch of it.
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from skillet.
- Add chopped onion, cook until translucent.
- Add sliced squash fry stirring frequently until squash is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crush bacon and add back to pan.
- Either yellow zucchini or crookneck squash work well in this dish.
A fantastic southern side-dish. Bacon and yellow crookneck squash absolutely have to go together. This was so good. It was so very easy to make and the flavor is so good. Thanks for posting this recipe...I will be using it a lot!
This is my favorite way to eat yellow squash too! A real southern classic. So easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)
I love yellow crookneck squash. This is really a very good and easy recipe to follow...I did not change nothing..we loved it. I already had fried bacon in the freezer that I fried myself and saved the bacon drippings and so I picked up at the drippings and cooked the onions added the Squash and seasoned,Crushed the prefried bacon. Just so easy having all the having the bacon cooked and the bacon drippings all ready...Thank You for a wonderful Veggie. Hugs