Recipe by capt_tripp86
A family favorite! This recipe comes from my Mother. Zesty, hardy and delicious! Everyone that has had it wants the recipe. The best thing is that it is so simple. I hope your family enjoys it as much as we do.
Top Review by Cookin' Mommy
Easy meal to put together and very tasty. I did use 6 thin cut boneless pork chops and only one onion. The potatoes were russet's and I left the peel on them. For us the celery was a bit overwhelming but loved the green pepper. Next time I will decrease the celery and add another pepper. The sauce made this dish! I didnt add the cornstarch and next time I will double the sauce and use a larger baking dish. Baked for 1 hour and 15 minutes and served with crusty rolls.
- 6 large pork chops
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered (like russet)
- 1 large green pepper, cored and sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato can water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in 1-2 Tb. vegetable oil, 2-3 minutes per side. DO NOT cook through.
- Place in a large Dutch oven.
- Mix together sauce ingredients. Personally, I tend to double the sauce (I LOVE SAUCE!) and put in more or less of the ingredients to your own taste (i.e. thicker, thinner, tangier, sweeter -- ).
- Pour 1/2 of sauce over pork chops.
- Add vegetables on top.
- Pour remaining sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.