- 1 (16 ounce) packagehot breakfast sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) bag black-eyed peas
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- chop onion and carrots.
- brown the sausage and onions in large saucepan.
- add browned sausage, onion, carrots, garlic powder to crockpot.
- add water to desired level.
- cook on low 8 hours.
- remove the veins from collard greens, cut into bite sized pieces, and add to crockpot for last 30 minutes.
- add salt and pepper to taste.