Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are the way my moma and mother make them. I really like this version.
Top Review by Miss Annie
These cakes are definately Southern, and definately good. I did everything the way you directed, except I added about 2 tsps. fresh lemon juice. I think the lemon gave the salmon a zestier, fresher taste. I will definately be using this delicious recipe again.
- 1 (15 ounce) cancooked pink salmon (bones removed)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fine plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- oil, for pan frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 9 ingredients well.
- Pat into flat cakes.
- Mix the flour and cornmeal together and coat the cakes one at a time (as you need them for frying).
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a pan and fry cakes until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain. Repeat until all cakes are made.
- As you remove them from the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper--and if you want a bite to it, a little cayenne on it.