Recipe by Sarah
This was adopted from the Recipezaar account. After having made this recipe I have made several changes to better suit my tastes.
Top Review by Cookinator
My kids (9,12, &14) surprised DH and me with a romantic anniversary dinner. After searching RecipeZaar for ideas, my daughter settled on this for the main course ... and boy, were we glad! It was delicious and easy enough for kids to make!
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (1/4 inch dice)
- 2 green zucchini, diced (1/4 inch dice)
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (150 g) packet Baby Spinach
- 100 g black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan add leek and garlic and cook until softened. 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, red peppers, zucchini and tomatoes to slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir though spinach one handful at a time until wilted.
- Add olives, and leave to heat through 20 minutes.