Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This was adopted from the Recipezaar account. After having made this recipe I have made several changes to better suit my tastes.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (1/4 inch dice)
- 2 green zucchini, diced (1/4 inch dice)
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (150 g) packet Baby Spinach
- 100 g black olives, sliced
- Heat oil in frying pan add leek and garlic and cook until softened. 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, red peppers, zucchini and tomatoes to slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir though spinach one handful at a time until wilted.
- Add olives, and leave to heat through 20 minutes.
My kids (9,12, &14) surprised DH and me with a romantic anniversary dinner. After searching RecipeZaar for ideas, my daughter settled on this for the main course ... and boy, were we glad! It was delicious and easy enough for kids to make!
Very Tasty. My grandchildren even ate some. Well it might of helped, that they were watching their Ratatoulle DVD. Thanks for sharing
5 Stars! After taking my kids to see the movie "Ratatouille", my youngest wanted to make it. Discovering it contained eggplant(yuck), I looked for an alternative. Your recipe was quite tasty. Loved the added taste and texture of the olives which I cut in half to keep the stew chunkier. The kids said it must have been like the hearty stew the food critic in the movie as a kid. And it paired stunningly with grilled sweet basil sausage links. A keeper.