Balsamic Glazed Broccoli
photo by Anne Sainz
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb broccoli, stems chopped and florets cut to bite size
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil (to coat pan)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Place vinegar in a small pan and boil over medium heat until it is syrup-like and reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Pour vinegar into a large bowl and whisk in mustard and thyme and set sauce aside.
- Prepare garlic, broccoli, pepper and mushrooms.
- Coat large covered non-stick frying pan or Dutch oven (at least 5 quarts) with oil. Add garlic, broccoli, pepper and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, adding small amount of water as needed to prevent sticking until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Mix in reserved sauce. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In 2011, I saw a PBS Special, 3 Steps to Incredible Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It inspired me to change to a Nutritarian cooking style, which focuses on the nutrient density of the foods you eat. Since that time, I have been collecting recipes. I have found a few recipes ready to go but most of them were either too complicated for everyday use or needed some changes to fit with this eating style.