- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain rice (white, brown, or Texmati rice)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black-eyed peas (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the oil get hot in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion; stir/saute 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the rice, tomatoes, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt, and pepper; stir-fry for 5 minutes, breaking up any clumps of rice.
- Stir in black-eyed peas and parsley; cook, stirring, until the peas are hot.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.