Fried rice heads south.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain rice (white, brown, or Texmati rice)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black-eyed peas (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1Let the oil get hot in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in the onion; stir/saute 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add in the rice, tomatoes, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt, and pepper; stir-fry for 5 minutes, breaking up any clumps of rice.
- 4Stir in black-eyed peas and parsley; cook, stirring, until the peas are hot.
- 5Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g