Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Betty Crocker "Meet the easy cookie-mix cousin to warm and spicy apple crisp."
- 3 large apples, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92-9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml cold butter or 59.14 ml margarine, cut into small pieces
- 496.11 g packagebetty crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 300°F
- Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss filling ingredients.
- Spread mixture in baking dish.
- In same large bowl, stir cookie mix and melted butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I did this with rhubarb as I had no apples and it worked really well. DD and friend from UK are having second serves as I type this. We cannot get cookie mix here so I made my own with whizzed up oatmeal cookies plus the nuts as listed - totally success and totally delicious.
This recipe is listed on the www.bettycrocker.com website as a Prize-Winning Recipe for 2008! Thanks for posting and saving me the time.