- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons chopped chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- mint sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- To prepare salad, combine cabbage and next 5 ingredients (through cucumber) in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with peanuts; garnish with mint sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.