Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This tasty fish dish is nice served with rice and a cucumber mango salad (cucumber, mango, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper).
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz. each)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (from a jar will work)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Heat grill or broiler.
- Combine 1 Tbsp.
- soy sauce and 1 tsp.
- ginger in a plastic Ziploc bag; add salmon fillets.
- Set aside to marinate about 10-15 minutes.
- Combine remaining soy sauce and ginger with ketchup, sugar, lime juice and hot pepper in a bowl.
- Stir briskly to dissolve sugar.
- Remove salmon from marinade (discard the marinade).
- Place salmon on grill or broiler and cook 5 minutes.
- Turn it over and cook up to 5 minutes more, basting frequently with sauce.
- When cooked through, remove from heat and drizzle with sauce.
Miss Annie, I double the five stars to TEN. I just loved the salmon. I used brown sugar instead of white sugar. I forgot the cayenne pepper. But I did season the fish with Pepper before marinating . This recipe is a keeper!!!!!!
Love the flavours in this salmon dish, the cayenne gives it a tasty zing. Served with a green salad and baked potato. yum!
What a great marinade and glaze for salmon. It is so simple to throw together and the result was that wonderful sweet/hot/salty/sour combination that we love. I chose to grill it which resulted in nice caramelized bits from the sugar and ketchup. Thank you Miss Annie for sharing the recipe.