Jicama With Orange, Cucumber, Mango, Red Chile & Lime
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium jicama, julienned
- 2 small cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 3 seedless oranges, sectioned
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 3 red jalapeno chiles, cut into rings
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- cilantro, chopped
- Mix vegetables with lime juice and let sit 20 minutes.
- Pile on platter, sprinkle with salt, chile powder, cilantro and jalapeno rings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
5 star all the way. Great color presentation and the different shapes of the ingredients add to the eye appeal. Taste appeat? I wish you could have seen this salad disappear. I served it withrecipe#588 Fragrant Lamb Stew with dried fruits, rice steamed carrots & steamed Brussels Sprouts. The salad was so refreshing and even with the jalapeno & chili flakes was not hot. I used hot ground chili in place of the ground red pepper. I could not get red Jalapeno so used green finely chopped. Thanks Meanchef for a great salad recipe.
see 3 more reviews