Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great-tasting inexpensive recipe that is so easy to make. Great way to use up extra eggs or tortillas. Leftovers taste even better!
- 6 large eggs
- 8 -10 white corn tortillas, divided
- 8 ounces green chili sauce, divided
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- additional cheddar cheese (optional)
- Grease a 9x12" baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl.
- Tear up corn tortillas into large pieces and layer half of them into bottom of baking dish.
- Top tortillas with half of the chili sauce and half of the cheese.
- Pour half of the beaten eggs over this and then repeat the layers again of tortillas, chili sauce, cheese and then eggs.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve topped with salsa and additional cheddar cheese if desired.
This was a very good casserole! It reminded me of Huevos Rancheros with verde sauce. I halved the recipe (since there's only two of us) and it worked out great in a 8X8 baking dish. I also added more green sauce on top instead of salsa. This recipe would be great for breafast, brunch, or even dinner! Great recipe Karamia!