1/1 Photo of South of the Border Egg Casserole
A great-tasting inexpensive recipe that is so easy to make. Great way to use up extra eggs or tortillas. Leftovers taste even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 9x12" baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly beat eggs in a bowl.
- 3Tear up corn tortillas into large pieces and layer half of them into bottom of baking dish.
- 4Top tortillas with half of the chili sauce and half of the cheese.
- 5Pour half of the beaten eggs over this and then repeat the layers again of tortillas, chili sauce, cheese and then eggs.
- 6Bake in oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- 7Serve topped with salsa and additional cheddar cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.5
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 270.8 mg
- Sodium 444.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.4 g