Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Phase II recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Set a heavy zip-top bag in a large mixing bowl and place the chicken in the bag. Add the wine, oil, vinegar, basil, oregano or tarragon, onion powder, and garlic. Close the bag and turn it to coat the chicken well. Marinate for 5-24 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Place the chicken on an unheated rack in a broiler pan. Brush with the marinade. Broil 4"-5" from the heat for about 20 min or until lightly browned, brushing often with the marinade. Turn the chicken and broil for 5-15 min more til the chicken is tender and no longer pink.