Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Yes, sourdough can be made in your machine. Be patient and experiment with this very independent bread. Remember that every starter is different so this can be a challenge, but you can develope your own style until it is an art form.
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in the order given.
- Bake on regular cycle.
- A note about starters; Sourdough purists may omit the yeast listed above; the more active the starter is, the less yeast you'll need.
- Starter should be peaking when loaded into your machine, frothy and bubbly, not just foamy.
- Optimum room temp for culture activation and machine baking is 85 degrees.