1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
These are great for any holiday, but I especially like to make them for Christmas or Valentine's Day. Plan ahead, the dough has to be refrigerated for about 1 hour before rolling. Prep time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in the egg, sour cream and vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 6Cut with a floured 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter or the cutter of your choice.
- 7Place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 9Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 10For frosting, in large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- 11Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- 12Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- 13Tint with food coloring.
- 14Decorate cookies as desired.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g