Recipe by shysavsianna
The best family event recipe ever. Perfect for family gatherings and traditions.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I don't bake much but decided to give these a try. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the nutmeg as I didn't have any. Everyone enjoyed these. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt.
- Combine in a large bowl the butter, sugar, egg, and flavoring. Beat for 2 minutes. Add aour cream and then the flour mizture gradually.
- Set oven 400 degrees to preheat.
- Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with sugar and roll in lightly.
- Cut with floured cutters and place on cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Another way to make is too not sprinkle with sugar and put different colored frostings on top.