Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy, great tasting, soft cookies. Much less work than cut-out cookies!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sugar, for coating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, butter, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into sugar (can be colored sugar); roll gently until completely coated.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper).
- Flatten cookies to about 1/4-inch thickness with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or just until set.
Very good! Sour cream and butter make these nice and rich, but still soft and tender. Thanks for the suggestion to roll in colored sugar. We used orange:) Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.