Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one great coffee cake to serve at brunch!
Make and share this Sour Cream-Streusel Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (not low fat)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- butter a bunt pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, cocoa and currants.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix dry ingredients and sour cream alternately into butter mixture.
- Beat on high for 1 minute.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the nut mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter over the nut mixture, sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the deepest part comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on a rack.
- Invert pan on the same rack and remove cake.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour then transfer to a serving platter.
- Whisk powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over coffee cake and sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
OMG, this coffeecake is excellent. Followed the directions as stated, and it came out so good. We really enjoyed. Thanks for posting, Di. LC
Wonderful coffee cake! The cake was moist and the two layers of streusal was divine. I did add mini-choclate chips instead of the currants. And this time I did not do the icing because I was out of powdered sugar. It was still excellent anyway. The streusal amount I thought was too much so maybe next time I will just half the amounts. This is a keeper, thanks!
I did a double batch of this for a brunch at work, they were gobbled up in no time flat. OUTSTANDING. Since if was for a brunch, I baked them off as cupcakes, cooked at 375 for about 20 mins. As usual, Di's recipe's kick butt. Besides being a hottie that girl can cook, your man must be one lucky guy :-)