This pie was made by my Grandmother and the recipe was passed to me by my Mother. This pie is delicious and always brings back fond memories when I make it.
- Cook all filling ingredients in sauce pan on top of stove until mixture thickens and foam disappears.
- Use a large pan for this as the vinegar and soda will foam up.
- Turn into unbaked pie crust and top with second crust.
- Brush top with milk and cut slits to vent.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 min and then reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until brown.