1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Lemon Muffins
This comes from the Not So Humble Pie blog (http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.com/2010/05/sour-cream-lemon-muffins.html). It makes a moist muffin with a gentle lemon flavor. The family enjoyed it very much. I am capturing it here so that I can find it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream (250g)
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil)
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- 1Prep your muffin pan with a little non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest. Use a whisk to break up any lumps and thoroughly combine.
- 3Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the sour cream, eggs, butter, lemon juice, and lemon extract.
- 4Mix together with the whisk quickly until the batter is moist but combined. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds or 20 strokes. Expect the batter to be thick and a little lumpy. If it seems overly thick (there will be some variation in moisture content between sour creams) feel free to add a splash more lemon juice.
- 5Divide the batter between the wells in your muffin pan (roughly 3/4 full) and sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- 6Bake for 16-24 minutes (depending on the size of your muffin) until the muffins are light golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- 7Allow the muffins to sit in their tins on a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool. Then tap them out of the pan.
- 8Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Lemon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (887 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of