Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very good and very simple.
- 8 -9 inches pie shells, unbaked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Combine sour cream, sugar, salt, nutmeg, eggs, and brandy.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the dates and nuts and blend well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a 425 degree F.
- oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- and continue baking for 25 minutes, or until firm.
Pie too sweet and too strong of a nutmeg flavour even though I reduced the nutmeg by 1/4. My family didn't care for this dessert either and I ended up discarding the rest.
This pie is good and easy to make. The nutmeg flavor was a little too strong for me, however it is very easy to cut back on this. My DH loved it and will definitely want this again. Thanks