Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe, in its original form, came from the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home Best Church Supper Recipes. I've tweaked it a bit to my own satisfaction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (yes, again)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & set out a 13"x9" glass baking dish.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter & brown sugar.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together the oats & the 1 1/2 cups of flour, then add this flour mixture to the butter mixture, blending well.
- 4Set aside 1 1/2 cups of this crumb mixture. Press the remaining amount of the crumb mixture into the ungreased baking dish, then bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon zest, vanilla & the 2 tablespoons of flour, mixing well.
- 6When the crust has finished baking, spread the cranberry mixture over the crust & sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the top.
- 7Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned, then cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Refrigerate completely cooled bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Cranberry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g