Recipe by Seasoned Cook
AWESOME AND DELICIOUS!! The first time I prepared this dish my DH went crazy scraping his plate! A good OAMC dish for the freezer. Very creamy and easy to prepare. The added toppings give much flavor. This recipe makes a very pretty dish for guests!
Top Review by Me In My Pantry
I decided to splurge and make this, as I have been craving some good Mexican cuisine. I doubled the ingredients except for the tortillas and the cheese, onions, and tomatoes on top. I still made 8. I wanted them stuffed full of chicken and other goodies. I can tell you we ate and enjoyed every mouthful, from the first to the last! Very yummy dish Seasoned Cook!
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shred or diced)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix soup, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and chili powder.
- In a large bowl mix chicken, cheese and only 1 cup of salsa mixture.
- Place 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture in each tortillas. Roll up tortillas and place seamside up on a grease sprayed 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Pour remaining salsa mixture over filled tortillas. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Top with cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle top with chopped tomatoes and diced green onion. (If desired spoon additional salsa on top.).