Spicy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
This is one of my favorite dishes. The enchiladas are covered in a spicy sour cream sauce and filled with cheese and chicken!!
- Ready In:
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted (toast in dry skillet 30 seconds0)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 3 canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 20 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups chicken, cooked & chopped
- 4 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped and saueteed in
- 3 tablespoons butter
- -Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well. Cover and chill
- -Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and 4 chopped peppers.
- Cook chicken. Chop or shread chicken.
- -Mix chicken with 3 cups of cheese and sautéed onions in large bowl.
- -Pour 1/3 of sour cream mixture into a lightly greased, large, baking dish; set dish and remaining sour cream mixture aside.
- -Heat tortillas in microwave for app. 30 seconds (5 at a time).
- -Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place tortillas, seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture over enchiladas.
- -Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bake 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with chilled tomato mixture. Serves 10.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Was excellent!! Wasn't sure about the sour cream part, but was very happily surprised on how well it tasted. I used a costco rotisserrie chicken and I would suggest doubling the salsa. I also broiled it for a few min. at the end to brown it. My honey gives it a 10 and I will agree with that. It was great and it will become a family favorite.1Reply