Recipe by dontfencemein
I got this recipe from a ranch friend in Wyoming, but I think it originally came from a company promoting something. This recipe makes an 8x10-inch dish, but can easily be doubled or even tripled.
Top Review by cre8ngmaui
Aloha. Cre8ed dish as written, but; placed torn chicken first. Layer combo of red onion (sweet) combined with fresh crimini mushroom next. Then cream of mushroom and sour cream mixed together. Then Parmesan cheese. Then Ritz crackers. Then melted butter with minced garlic and garlic powder. Became soooo ono. (Hawaiian for wonderful). Served over steamed white rice and also baby red potatoes with Italian herbs. None was left over. Mahalo for the recipe.
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cooked (4-5 thighs, or enough to cover the bottom of an 8x10 dish to your liking)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (may also use condensed cream of mushroom soup but personally the chicken is SO much better)
- 36 Club crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken to your liking (I usually just boil) and cool.
- Separate or cut chicken into bite size pieces, layering them in an ungreased 8X10 or medium casserole dish.
- Salt light lightly if desired.
- Combine sour cream and undiluted soup in a small bowl, and spread over chicken.
- In a separate bowl microwave or otherwise melt butter and crush crackers into it, stirring to coat.
- Layer buttered crumbs on top of sour cream/soup mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour or till bubbly.
- If you like you may broil the top till more browned, but watch carefully!
- Serve hot and enjoy!