Cook1 hr 20 mins
I got this recipe from a ranch friend in Wyoming, but I think it originally came from a company promoting something. This recipe makes an 8x10-inch dish, but can easily be doubled or even tripled.
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cooked (4-5 thighs, or enough to cover the bottom of an 8x10 dish to your liking)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (may also use condensed cream of mushroom soup but personally the chicken is SO much better)
- 36 Club crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- Cook chicken to your liking (I usually just boil) and cool.
- Separate or cut chicken into bite size pieces, layering them in an ungreased 8X10 or medium casserole dish.
- Salt light lightly if desired.
- Combine sour cream and undiluted soup in a small bowl, and spread over chicken.
- In a separate bowl microwave or otherwise melt butter and crush crackers into it, stirring to coat.
- Layer buttered crumbs on top of sour cream/soup mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour or till bubbly.
- If you like you may broil the top till more browned, but watch carefully!
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This was very tasty. So creamy and delicious. Will make often. Thanks for posting.
This was mighty tasty. I used 5 chicken legs for this dish. I have to admit, that I mistakenly opened a can of broccoli/cheddar cheese soup instead of the chicken soup I was going to use. So I guess most any cream of soup would work with this. Made for PAC Fall '08. :)
Made for PAC Spring 08 I thought this was pretty good comfort food. I served this over rice. I used light sour cream, and reduced fat ingredients. I do think it would be good with some broccoli and garlic. I did love the creamy taste, and the crunch of the crackers. Thanks so much!