1/2 Photos of Sour Cream Chicken Bake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I got this recipe from a ranch friend in Wyoming, but I think it originally came from a company promoting something. This recipe makes an 8x10-inch dish, but can easily be doubled or even tripled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cooked (4-5 thighs, or enough to cover the bottom of an 8x10 dish to your liking)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (may also use condensed cream of mushroom soup but personally the chicken is SO much better)
- 36 Club crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1Cook chicken to your liking (I usually just boil) and cool.
- 2Separate or cut chicken into bite size pieces, layering them in an ungreased 8X10 or medium casserole dish.
- 3Salt light lightly if desired.
- 4Combine sour cream and undiluted soup in a small bowl, and spread over chicken.
- 5In a separate bowl microwave or otherwise melt butter and crush crackers into it, stirring to coat.
- 6Layer buttered crumbs on top of sour cream/soup mixture.
- 7Bake at 350°F for one hour or till bubbly.
- 8If you like you may broil the top till more browned, but watch carefully!
- 9Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.0
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 1070.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 20.6 g