Recipe by motherof4boys
Have not tried yet but reading the recipe makes me drool. Posting it here so I don't lose it. :)
Top Review by MidniteRoss
This was pretty easy! I accidently over beat the crumb topping and ended up with brown sugar blob, this being my first attempt at pie making. Over all flavor was outstanding and was the highlight of the family dinner! THANKX!
- 1 (9 inch) frozen unbaked pie shells (or your own recipe)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat together sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg. Add apples, mixing carefully to coat well.
- Pour filling into a pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minute.
- While pie is cooking mix together all ingredients for crumb topping until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool for a hour before serving.