Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Have not tried yet but reading the recipe makes me drool. Posting it here so I don't lose it. :)
Make and share this Sour Cream Apple Pie With Crumb Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) frozen unbaked pie shells (or your own recipe)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat together sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg. Add apples, mixing carefully to coat well.
- Pour filling into a pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minute.
- While pie is cooking mix together all ingredients for crumb topping until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool for a hour before serving.